Friday 11 August 2006

An Introduction to the Perfect Information blog

[ This was originally posted on an old blog: An Introduction to the Perfect Information blog ]

So the title is "Perfect Information"... Why? Perfect information means knowing everything that relates to a decision .

In economics (stick with me...), perfect competition can only exist when all parties are rational and have perfect information about their available alternatives. Of course, in the real world this never happens (outside of chess).

This blog is called Perfect Information because:
  • I love it when information comes a little bit closer to being perfect.
  • I love good information design.
  • I love the way the internet is helping us come closer to having perfect information.
  • I work in Business Intelligence and spend way too much time thinking about this stuff.
Thanks for visiting, y'all come back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for @joeharris76